(Reading this by email? Click Here to see the video)
There are a bunch of WordPress backup plugins out there. And most of them are free.
But a lot of them suck.
They either have limited features, don’t work on all hosts, or are difficult to use.
I used to use Automatic WordPress Backup, but I’ve started using a plugin I prefer much more.
It’s called BackWPUp and offers a boat load more features.
- You can choose to back up to Amazon s3, Dropbox, email, and more
- You can choose how often, and when, automatic backups will occur
- You can choose what folders and files to include or exclude from the backups
- You can choose what database tables to backup
- And the plugin will optimize your database before exporting it
I’ve put together a video showing you how to install and set up BackWPUp.
In it, I’ll be backing up to Amazon s3 (really cheap, yet powerful cloud storage), so if you don’t have an account yet, go to aws.amazon.com and set up your account.
If you have questions or comments, let me know in the comments below.