Go do a Google search for “WordPress Themes” and you’ll see 154 MILLION results.
With so many options out there, which should you choose?
Well, let me make it simple for you:
There are only 3 WordPress theme companies you should buy themes from.
Let me tell you who they are, and then why (and I put them in order of preference).
If you’ve heard of CopyBlogger (and if you blog or are in Internet Marketing, you should have by now), you will love StudioPress because CopyBlogger owns StudioPress.
Now, why is StudioPress my favorite theme company?
Here are my top 3 reasons:
- Easiest to use and manage
- The best coding out of all the themes (which means no bugs)
- Designed not to look pretty, but to attract and keep viewers, readers, and customers
Every website I build is based on the theme framework StudioPress uses called Genesis.
So, if you were to take my opinion (which I hope you do), use StudioPress.
I came across ElegantThemes not too long ago.
At first, I wasn’t too happy with them. But as I started looking more closely, I noticed how powerful and beautiful their themes are.
But what caught me the most was the price.
You get every single theme they have available, plus any that they make in the future, for only $69!
Even if the themes were crappy, I’d still buy at that price. So for really good themes, it’s basically a steal.
So here are the 3 reasons I like ElegantThemes:
- Most impressive designs I’ve seen
- Best price
- Wide variety (real estate themes, blogging themes, directory themes, and more)
There are two downsides though:
- Some of the themes can be a little difficult to use
- There are a few bugs I’ve noticed. Nothing major, but still something worth noting
But I still use them for many projects.
When I first started with WordPress, I built all of my sites with WooThemes.
Their themes are really cool and have a very “Web 2.0” feel about them.
They also make the best eCommerce plugin for WordPress ever! WooCommerce.
These are the 3 reasons I like WooThemes:
- Great designs
- Solid coding
- The most features (comes with a ton of widgets that let you do a lot)
But there are also some downsides:
- More expensive than most theme companies
- Not as easy to customize
As a web developer the customization part is a big aspect for me. And because they are more expensive, I have to move WooThemes to 3rd place. Otherwise, they would have been 2nd.
What Do You Think?
So these are the 3 themes I recommend.
Like I said, there are millions out there and probably some I have never seen that are really good.
Let me know in the comments what themes you’ve used and recommend.
Please Note: The links in the above post are affiliate links.